Denied Passport Application
If you want reasons for passport denial, UPV Services has compiled information on why a Passport application can be denied. If you need more information (other than what’s provided below) about a denied passport application, feel free to contact us at 1-866-334-8472Primary reason Passport applications are denied:
- The most common reason why a Passport application can be denied involves applicants not submitting the required materials (i.e. official copy of a birth certificate).
- UPV Services' instructions are so detailed that applicants using our services who follow our instructions exactly will not have an application denied for submitting incorrect materials.
During the Passport application process, applicants' backgrounds are screened and these are the 3 reasons that the Passport Agency can deny or suspend an application.
- Outstanding child support
- Applicants in arrears more than $5,000 in
support payments will be denied a Passport.
- The only way to remove this restriction is to
pay the total outstanding balance; an arranged
payment plan with the courts will NOT remove this
- After paying off the entire outstanding balance, it still can take a couple of weeks for the cleared status to be reported by the local court to the Federal level thus clearing the applicant for a Passport.
- Applicants in arrears more than $5,000 in support payments will be denied a Passport.
- Outstanding Felony/Criminal Warrant (not parking tickets or civil infractions)
- Prior Felony Conviction that prohibits international
- Not all felony convictions prohibit
- Applicants needing additional information regarding a prior felony or who are unsure whether they are able to travel internationally should contact their probation office regarding probation terms.
- Not all felony convictions prohibit international travel.